Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sonterra Resignation Letter

I would like to take this opportunity to inform all of you that I will be leaving The Club at Sonterra on March 8th. I have chosen to accept the position of Golf Course Superintendent at Ridgewood Country Club in Waco. This was not an easy decision nor was it entered into lightly.
Ridgewood offers several unique opportunities, both personal and professional. It is an older, private equity club that will be undergoing major renovations in the next year. It will also allow me to gain extensive experience in managing bentgrass greens – a skill that I feel will be valuable as I progress in my career. From a personal standpoint, Ridgewood is the course where I began my career in golf maintenance in 1999 as a laborer on the maintenance crew. I am excited to return to the club as the Golf Course Superintendent and look forward to utilizing the skills that I have gained here at Sonterra. As many of you know, Waco is also my hometown. My family, girlfriend, and many close friends still reside there. It is rare that you can improve professionally while becoming closer to family and friends and it is for these reasons that I have decided to leave.  
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at Sonterra since December of 2010. It has been an amazing opportunity for me and I am thankful to have been your superintendent. The relationships that I have made with members, golfers, and co-workers have been rewarding and I hope to continue them in the years to come. It has truly been a pleasure to work for and with all of you.
Finally, I want to assure the membership that I am dedicated to the success of Sonterra both now and in the future. I will do everything in my power to make the transition process as smooth as possible and will continue to provide updates on course conditions in the coming months.
Sincerely,

Travis Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment