I hope everyone is ready for a great Memorial Day weekend. Both courses and the pool will be open on Monday! There will be a ton of activities so make sure you spend your holiday at Sonterra.
This past week we completed several jobs on both courses. Check out the notes and pictures below:
- Tees: Aerated, vertical mowed
- Fairways: Aerated, vertical mowed
- Greens: Vertical mowed, fertilized, topdressed, sprayed, cont. repairing weak areas on 6 and 7
Israel Garcia Aerating #1 Tee S
|Freddie vertical mowing the South practice green|
|Israel Carillo Aerating #1 Fairway|
- Tees: normal maintenance
- Fairways: normal maintenance
- Greens: vertical mowed, sprayed, hand topdressed several areas
- Roughs: normal maintenance
- Other: Repaired the broken 6" mainline in 12 fairway
- Completed testing of diesel pump for North pump station project.
|Isidro and Juan working on the leak on 12|
|The completed repair on 12 N|
|Stretch testing the diesel pump|
- Why does the 19th Hole putting green look so bad? - The overseed has completely died out due to the warmer temperatures. The green grass that remains is Emerald bermuda. We are currently deciding whether to grow the Emerald back in or to sod the area to a more shade tolerant species - such as zoysia.
- CPS power line project - All major work completed on 13 and 4. We are ready to finish out area and begin grassing upon written approval from CPS.
- Vertical mow North fairways
- Aerate North tees
- Possible fertilize fairways and tees North and South
- Remove algae in North lakes
- Possible sod of 19th hole
- Light topdress on greens North and South
- Light vertical mow North greens
- Fertilize North greens